+ Healthy Teeth Fund
- Better health outcomes through education and philanthropy
- Zellie’s established the Gift of Healthy Teeth fund in 2014, named so because our founder, Dr. Ellie Phillips, believes healthy teeth are a greatly underappreciated gift. Zellie’s contributes 1 percent of gross sales to the fund, which supports oral health education and prevention programs.
The state of oral health in the US is worse than many realize, and Zellie’s believes it simply doesn’t need to be.
Given the proper knowledge and tools, many of the most prevalent oral health issues can be prevented.
- 80% of 17-year-olds have tooth decay
- 52 million school hours are lost each year to dental treatment problems
- 2 out of 3 adults have moderate to severe gum disease
- 1 in 4 Medicare beneficiaries are missing all of their natural teeth
We hope to reduce these numbers in the US by expanding our education platform through the Gift of Healthy Teeth Fund. With your help and the regular contributions from Zellie’s sales, we are confident that stronger, healthier teeth will triumph over common oral health foes such as plaque, dry mouth and acidity.