The Zellie's pH Challenge
What it is:
The pH of your mouth shows how acidic your saliva is vs how alkaline it is. The scale goes from 0 to 14 with 0 being extremely acidic and 14 being extremely alkaline (basic). A healthy range for your oral pH is somewhere between 6-8. After drinking something like coffee, which has a pH of around 5, your mouth will generally be more acidic. It is important to bring your oral pH back up to that healthy range of 6-8 as quickly as possible to minimize erosion of your dental enamel.
The most effective way to do this is with a Zellie’s mint or piece of gum. This challenge will SHOW the effectiveness of Zellie’s for neutralizing mouth acidity. Ultimately, after reducing mouth acidity, your enamel will grow stronger, become more mineralized, and things like tooth sensitivity will become less.
The Zellie's pH Challenge will allow you to test the pH of your own mouth.
The first 2,500 pH test packets are COMPLETELY FREE! Sign up now!
*The Zellie's pH Challenge is available only in the US.
How it works:
1. Visit this page and fill out the form.
2. Await your pH test strip challenge kit
3. Unbox and read carefully (extra karma points for posting an unboxing vid!)
4. Get your camera ready...!
5. After your favorite meal or snack, test the pH of your saliva as instructed. Note the pH range your saliva falls within at this point in time.
6. Pop a Zellie's mint or piece of chewing gum. Enjoy for 10 to 30 seconds (enough to coat the inside of your mouth with the xylitol).
7. Test the pH of your saliva immediately after finishing the mint or discarding the gum. Note the pH range your saliva now falls within.
8. Share your results on social media with the hashtag #phchallenge
What you'll win:
A YEAR SUPPLY of Zellie's!
Pass it on:
We hope this fun social challenge brings some seriously needed attention to the immediate and incredible positive oral effects of xylitol. Our hope is that YOU begin a meaningful conversation around the importance of oral health and the steps to take to achieve it.
We encourage you to post your pH test strip challenge results on Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Twitter, YouTube, or wherever else you prefer to share content.
Remember, use hashtag @phchallenge to be entered to win.